Thursday, July 14, 2011

Why Now?

Well, it's summer.  To be correct, it's the middle of summer and boy is it flying by.  I've found over the past two years that during the school year, between school stuff, family, Colby's school, and everything else that goes along with work, I lose track of the things I enjoy doing.  My free moments are most always spent "catching up" whether that be at school or at home.  This summer has been a nice break to spend some time creating and imagining and revisiting those little ideas stuck somewhere in the back of my mind.

I'm hoping this blog will help keep me inspired to do the things I love, such as scrapbook, home projects, reworking things in our house, etc.  Somethings I find or post might be achievable in the near future, other projects may be further down the road, and some might be pure dreaming, hence the name, whimsical wishes.  But, I think it is always important to day dream, to create, to build those castles in the sky.

I've found that I really relish the time I spend while doing such things so my goal is to spend a little time each week, whether it be 15 minutes to 2 hours, working on something that brings joy to me and my family.  Here's hoping I can keep my goal, at least most of the time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment