Thursday, July 21, 2011

Productive Days, Gotta Love 'Em

It has been a really great day... I got a lot accomplished and had fun along the way :)

I spend most of my morning reading kindergarten blogs and finding some really great ideas for this upcoming year.  The teachers that created those sites are awesome!  I have loved seeing what other people do and it makes me want to get moving on my room!  I made a scavenger hunt for my kiddos and their parents on the ice cream social night and I created new labels for each of my different boxes of books (20 in all!)  Then I managed to work out, clean, do laundry, get Bailey to the vet, and run some errands! Whew!

One of my projects today was to finish making some cards so here are the final products...

Congratulatory card and birthday card

Birthday card and congratulatory card


My personal favorite, the inside of the button flower card.
I really enjoy making cards, when I have the time.  It adds a personal touch.  :)   I was able to put these together with scraps of papers I had leftover from other projects, letters and swirls cut out by my Cricut Expression, and some random buttons I have collected.  They turned out pretty cute!

I really enjoyed the time I spent making these cards.  It was late afternoon, it was nice and cool in the house, and my scrapbook room is pretty peaceful.  Not to mention the amazing music Pandora was playing for me. Indulge me a moment and just sample a taste of the playlist that came up...
Blackbird-Paul McCartney
Hallelujah- Jeff Buckley
Dream a Little Dream of Me- The Mamas and The Papas
She's Got a Way- Billy Joel
American Pie- Don McLean
Peace Train- Cat Stevens
Our House- Crosby, Stills & Nash
Turn, Turn, Turn- The Birds

Pandora, I thank you for a perfect mix of music for the evening :)


The rest of the evening could be summed up by the next two pictures...
'
Dinner... wine, cheese, crackers, and grapes
My new favorite- laughing cow cheese - only 35 calories for each triangle :)


And something else that is a bit more than 35 calories... my beer bread!
It turned out really well!  A little moist in the middle but I took it out a few minutes early so the sides wouldn't burn.  It probably could have used a couple more minutes.  
In Colby's words... "It was very good!"

Off to spend some time with my loves!


No comments:

Post a Comment