Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beer Bread



For our wedding, we got a huge basket of Tastefully Simple products as a gift.  Needless to say, we ate those babies right up... especially the beer bread mix.  It was wonderful and super yummy (not to mention very addicting to eat!).  However, Tastefully Simple is a bit expensive and when you are working on a budget, spending unnecessary money is well, unnecessary.  I've been craving it for quite a while and I happened to google beer bread to see what I might find.  Lo and behold, I found this recipe and I am really excited to try it out tonight.  Thought I'd share it for the day!  I will let you know how it goes... :)

You will need:
3 cups of self rising flour
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
12 ounces of beer
2 TBSP melted butter

Preheat the oven to 350. Mix the flour, sugar, and beer, stirring until just blended.  Save the melted butter for late. Pour into a greased bread loaf pan.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour.  *Spread melted butter over the top of the bread during the last 10 minutes of baking.  Enjoy :)

Also while searching, I found this recipe for Honey Beer Bread, and it sounds amazing.  I might have to sample this recipe soon as well.  :)


Yum!!!  Can't wait to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment