Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's Been A While!

Whew it has been quite a while since I posted... not really surprised with what this school year has entailed so far, but I was still hoping I'd keep up my blog a little better than I have!  Having my kiddos all day has been a brand new and really exciting change this year.  It's amazing to see how much a lot of them are picking up already and how much more we can get done in a day! :)  I think it will be great to look back at the end of the year and see just how far they really all have come.

Any hooooo, on to my real reason for posting!  This past weekend was the first in October and the first that really felt like fall to me.  It was cool, we got to enjoy chili and wassail at Mom and Dad's, and I noticed the leaves were finally beginning to change.  I LOVE this time of year, and I really love incorporating the fall colors into our home.  Here are some projects I worked on this weekend...

Began with two empty candle votive jars and a pack of artificial leaves...
(PS- Only paid $3.00 for the three things!)

Then I used Mod Podge and a sponge brush to apply the leaves.  I waited for it to dry, added some yummy "Farmers Market" Yankee Candle votives, and voila- cute fall candle decor!



On Saturday, after filling our tummies with chili and wassail, Mom and I decided to go bargain hunting at the Dollar Tree and Goodwill to make some pinterest-inspired projects!  Here is just one of the things I made...

I began with a dollar store 8x10 frame with a glass pane.  (It has to be glass for this to work.)

 I added pretty scrapbook paper and some words cut out in black paper with my Cricut, and ta-da!  A new dry erase board for leaving notes on our refrigerator! :)  I was pretty pleased with it when I finished- it matches really well!



I have more projects coming up soon!  Still in the works! :)  Hope everyone is getting into the "fall" mode and loving the weather we're blessed with this week! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment