After we got back, it didn't really slow down! Again, I felt so bad for Colby because he got called into work at 11:30 Sunday night and didn't get home until 3:30 a.m. Needless to say, he was pretty tired Monday. I had a doctor appointment on Monday morning and I was so thankful to hear the doctor say that everything was looking great! :) Baby boy's heartbeat was 146 bpm and he is growing at a wonderful rate! All is good, and we couldn't be happier or more thankful. We also got to pick up the crib Tuesday afternoon and put it together! I washed all the bedding we got this weekend (thanks Momma!) and had it ready for today when Colby got home with the new mattress. The nursery is really coming together and looking amazing! (Pictures further down!)
Today, I decided to work on a project from an idea I had discussed in my last post. I wanted to make something with the phrase "I love you to the moon and back." Well, I had found some cute things online but didn't want to pay for them. I'd looked at stickers in Hobby Lobby but letter stickers sometimes look a little iffy because of the way they are cut. Suddenly, I remembered I had seen a pin on pinterest where someone had used Sharpie markers to draw owls on the glass of a picture frame and then had left the backs off. It got my brain going and here is what I came up with...
I started with a frame I had bought at Goodwill for $1.50. (Wooo!) I took out the glass and backing and repainted the wood white. (I also cleaned the glass.)
On my computer, I used the font "Pupcat" and wrote out the words "I love you right up to the moon and back" and I found a little crescent moon clip art that I thought was cute. Then, I printed the pages, cut out the words and taped them to the back of the glass. Then, using a brown Sharpie marker, I began tracing the letters and coloring them in. I switched to the light blue Sharpie for the moon and stars.
When it was all done, I used clear adhesive to secure the glass back inside the frame and it is ready to hang up in baby boy's room!! :) I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I am pretty happy with the finished product!
Sorry for the shadow... the flash made the letters look odd. One of the most exciting things was the total cost: $1.50!! I had everything else on hand or made it on the computer! Yay!
Here are some pictures to update you on the progress of the nursery... :)
Our before picture... (walls were tan above the chair rail and dark brown below)
After!! We are so happy with the colors and love how bright the room is!
More to come later! Hopefully you are getting some of this wonderful rain tonight! I have forgotten what rain sounds like... it's nice to be reminded.